Katana gives thousands of manufacturers a live look at their business by managing all the moving parts of their business and uniting the apps and services they use in one visual platform.
Our vision is a world where our customers love the software they use as much as the products they make. Our mission is to give all manufacturers the live insights they need in a world where change is the only constant.
With our $11 million USD in funding through our leading investor VC Atomico earlier this year, we are on a rocket ship trajectory, with aspirations to dominate the manufacturing industry for years to come. If looking to make an immediate impact and difference in this new wave of manufacturing, come join us today.
Our Sales team is distributed across different time-zones between the EU and North-America and is incredibly passionate about our customers, learning from each other and creating a culture of inclusion that empowers everybody to grow both professionally in their role and as a person.
Who are we looking for?
A sales development representative (SDR) to qualify inbound and outbound prospects by calling trial users and targeted cold prospects to see if Katana could be a good fit for their business.
Your role will be the first point of contact for potential customers and be the face of the company during the very first interaction with prospects. You will help new leads determine if Katana is a great fit for their business and work closely internally with an experienced sales executive on your team to help close deals.
The ideal person in this role is a natural people person with awesome interpersonal skills, charismatic, inquisitive, self-disciplined, and business-minded.
What will my typical week look like?
- Calling trial users to understand their business requirements to help them save time in understanding whether or not Katana can meet their needs
- Call and email targeted prospects that may not know about Katana, to inform them of Katana’s benefits and to gather information of their business operations and software needs
- Making 20-minute pre-scheduled calls to answer customer questions about Katana and identify if they are a good fit as part of Katana’s internal qualification process.
- Actively reach out to SME clients that are directed to us via various pre-qualification lead-sources (ie: Capterra, Software Advice) to answer their questions and push them to sign up.
- Qualifying new leads in written channels (chat/email) by identifying their core struggles and introducing Katana as a solution to those struggles.
Is it for me?
Yes! If you:
- Recently graduated University or College with business degree/diploma
- Are a team player, a total people person, a self-starter and an entrepreneur at heart;
- Are genuinely interested in manufacturing, inventory management, eCommerce and/or accounting and have an interest in learning more;
- Have entry-level experience in business development, sales, and/or support for SaaS platform;
- Can clearly communicate in English on a professional/fluent level (written and spoken);
- Like to be proactive and enjoy learning something new every day; and
- Love seeing that your work makes an impact on the company daily.
Benefits of working at Katana
- Growth experience at the fastest-growing manufacturing startup in the world;
- Sales training and learning experience that will help you propel your career in SaaS sales;
- Opportunity to make real impact in the area where Industry 4.0 and Direct-to-Consumer transformation is in full swing;
- Opportunity to work with a motivated and talented international team (aka, the coolest teammates!);
- A competitive salary and employee stock option program (we want everybody to feel engaged and share the fruits of our collective effort);
- 28 paid vacation days per year +1 for your birthday! And 3 paid health days per year;
- An amazing customer-base with the coolest manufacturers from all industries;
- Equipment you need to succeed (we will hook you up!);
- The flexibility that comes with working remotely on a fully distributed team;
- A yearly trip to Estonia to meet your teammates (if the COVID-era travel climate is supportive).